October 26, 2012

It Ain't A Goodbye, AUSMATs.


This post is specially dedicated to the AUSMAT students in my college who will be graduating soon. It's their last week in college and they'll be sitting for their finals next week. 

Frankly speaking, since I'm an A-level student, I initially didn't mix with the AUSMAT students until I served as part of the student council. Before that, I only had one friend from AUSMAT after knowing each other in a sushi lunch. Being in the council itself had me out of my bubble and teaming up with 3 wonderful AUSMAT students who were in the council too. Then came one of the orientation camps which involved mainly AUSMAT facilitators. 

I admit, I was a bit uncomfortable because I didn't know them. Plus, I was such a low-profiled council member who doesn't like to be noticed much unlike my President and Vice President (hehe!). Surely, these students wouldn't have known of my existence. Being in charge of the game sessions and leading the facilitators was indeed a blessing in disguise. Trying to build up a wall around myself, I find the facilitators breaking into my comfort zone without much effort, pulling me into the crazy world of AUSMATs. I once heard that AUSMAT students are not as busy as A-level students, hence spending most of their time on crazy yet amazing ideas. The craziness part is true but they are really busy, in a different way. 

In short, both the council and orientation camp helped me build new friendships with people whom once made me feel intimidated either by their popularity or them being in cliques. And I really thank God that we came across each other in life. 

Knowing that some of my close friends in AUSMAT will be leaving soon, left a deep scar in my heart. Painful, because the time spent together is about to end. Regretful, because I didn't appreciate them enough. But thankful, to have met them. And hopeful, to keep in touch and meet them again one day. Hence, I am not saying goodbye to you all. 

Good luck for finals, AUSMATs. You rock our college real hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment