October 22, 2012

Lost 'Houswife' Mission: Cooking!


I'm having a lil taste of a housewife's life. My mum is in Thailand now for a vacation and I'm at home taking care of dad and household matters. Well, just normal housework my mum does: cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and washing the rabbit's cage. What I'm doing now is not much compared to hers. I mean, she has all the worries and problems that I may not know.

Anyway, my mum cooks healthy food, which my dad and grandma can't stand with but have to eat. My cooking is worst, too healthy. I even came to the extend of steaming vegetables. I'd rather spend on healthy food than getting sick and live with regrets.

Today's lunch:
  1. Tuna (for the Omega-D, good for the heart)
  2. Celery, tomato and onion-mixed omelette (I used virgin olive oil, so it's a low cholesterol meal)


Ingredients: Celery, tomato, onions and 2 eggs (beat till fluffy).



Top: Steamed mixed vegetables.
Bottom: 
Simple sauteed spinach.




Today's dinner:
  1. Simple sauteed spinach (virgin olive oil, of course and iron)
  2. Tuna in tomato ketchup (protein)
  3. Steamed mixed vegetables (celery, tomato and corn...all the nutrients!!)

Celery. I used 2 stalks, which was kinda too much for my dad.

Australian carrot. Just use one or two carrots, up to you.

Tomato. You'll only need one tomato for servings of 3. But if you really love tomato, you can add another one.

Sweet corns. Since they're small, I use a packet, which had 7 of them.

I accidentally steamed over time, hence the colours of the carrots and celery weren't really bright and 'nutritious'-looking. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes. Not more than that, unless you're steaming corn. I used 20 minutes to steam the corn.

For the simple sauteed spinach, you just need spinach, garlic, virgin olive oil, lemon (to add a tinge of sourness) and a little bit of water. I didn't add water, hence the dish was kinda dry. Dad says that spinach tastes good when soaked in watery gravy or soup. I'm fine with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment