December 24, 2012

PuddingCamera for Christmas

Christmas is here! Oh joy!! I don't celebrate Christmas, but the whole world is high in Christmas spirits, especially Facebook. I keep seeing posts on Christmas in my Newsfeed. The shopping complexes here have got tons of decorations with all sorts of themes. I actually thought of going to 3 popular shopping malls in the city, but I rarely have time these days due to my preparation for finals. So I only managed to go to one of them (Mid Valley Shopping Mall) and took photos of its decoration.
There are tons of barrels, such excitement for me because they remind me of Pewdiepie, a famous Youtube gamer. I wanted to bring one home, but too bad, my desired victim isn't around anymore.

Pretty homely concept. Cozy shacks and bird houses. 
I went for a small Christmas Eve gathering with my relatives in a cafe called The House of Croissants. It was a buffet dinner for 20 people, so we were expecting large portions of various food. Unfortunately, our high hopes were met with disappointment. Not much of a variety we've got there. So far, most of us only enjoyed the mutton with mash potato, noodles and stir-fried vegetables. The pastries and desserts were far from my expectation. The name of the cafe seems to boast about its croissants' specialty, so why wouldn't I expect delicious, freshly baked croissants? Instead, they served us with pathetic-looking ones with cold meat in between them. And oh, did I mention that the croissants were cut into smaller pieces? Seriously smaller pieces. We either got deceived by the name or its owner was taking an advantage to cheat us, hence behaving like a stingy-poker. Nevertheless, its always the time spent with family that matters the most. I appreciate my cousin's effort and thoughts of organizing family events. Of course, we were entertained by my young cheeky nephew and nieces. To top it all off, I'm about to be an aunt again! A baby on its way! Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah for the good news.

A few days ago, I downloaded an Android application, PuddingCamera, for photography purpose. I don't simply download applications because some of them are meant for scams; others might cause your phone to crash all the time. Before downloading, always read the description and the reviews. Don't rely solely on the how-many-stars-given rate. People these days are lousy in rating simply rate the quality of a product or service. Anyway, back to PuddingCamera, it has 9 different cameras and 8 kinds of films, so you can just snap photos with all types of effects by combining your choice of camera with your chosen film.
Camera:

  1. Snap
  2. Basic
  3. Triplex
  4. Motion x2
  5. Fisheye
  6. Motion x4
  7. Motion 2x2
  8. Fantasy
  9. Panorama
Film:
  1. Basic
  2. Vintage brown
  3. Vintage blue
  4. Vignetting
  5. Dazzle
  6. Mono
  7. Noir
  8. Vivid
My favourite combination has got to be Motion 2x2 and Vintage brown or Noir. You'll have difficulties when using Triplex, Motion x4 and Motion 2x2 because you have to be quick in adjusting your focus on whatever you wish to snap photo of within 3 seconds. Use the grids provided as your guide in focusing. It seems that this app is used by many Kpop stars, so I stalked their Twitter and indeed, idols such as Nicole (KARA), YeSung (Super Junior), Donghae (Super Junior), Sonh Dam Bi, Yuri (SNSD) and JiYeon (T-ara) frequently use this app. It kind of convinced me to download it and so far, I love it and highly recommend this to all of you. I still edit my photos using PicsArt Studio, a photo editing application. 

Triplex & Dazzle
Basic & Dazzle
Motion 2x2 & Vintage Brown


Motion x2 & Basic. Left: Edited with PicsArt Studio - Twilight fx.

Motion 2x2 & Vintage Brown. Edited with PicsArt Studio - Twilight fx.

Motion 2x2 & Noir.

Snap & Vintage Brown. Edited with
PicsArt Studio - HDR2 fx & Twilight fx.
Motion x4 & Noir.
Motion x4 & Basic.
Motion x4 & Vintage brown.
Panorama & Noir.
Motion x4 & Noir.
Fisheye & Basic. Sharpen with Instagram.
Motion 2x2 & Noir.


Alright, as I mentioned earlier, I'm in the midst of preparing for my finals. Therefore, I won't be blogging for more than a month, unless I sign in to rant about how terrible exams is. I have yet to rant about the Twitter thing, only 4 followers. Obviously, it's a flop but I'll just stick to that account for convenience. Meh.









Anyway, have a great holiday, Merry Christmas, happy studying to all A-level students and Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment