August 7, 2013

My Future New Home For The Next One Year

My university just updated their offer letter to me and I found out which wonderful hostel I am about to spend a year in.

Desasiswa Cahay Gemilang.

A 30-year old apartment.

In which Matthias said, "At least it's not a 30-year old FLAT." True that, be thankful.

So I tried searching for pictures of this hostel and I couldn't find much. Turns out that many of the freshmen are lucky enough to get other hostels; half of them got into Desasiswa Aman Damai which is also an old hostel (count your blessings). I was lucky enough to stumble upon a senior's blog about her room in Cahaya Gemilang. I gotta admit, the room ain't as bad as I thought, except for the HANGING MIRROR IN FRONT THE BED! I'm not that typical Chinese with those ancient beliefs but it feels weird to wake up in the morning and the first thing that I have to stare at in the mirror, is my horrendous and sleepy face. I'd probably sleep the other way round.

On a brighter note, my hostel is near the swimming pool and the faculty, so thumbs up for that. I may need to walk a long way to the cafeteria, hence I guess I might be bringing a bicycle or a scooter along. I think I'll look ridiculous riding a scooter, dear Lord.

Cahaya Gemilang is situated in zone H (dark olive green area) whereas my faculty is in zone G (blue area). The swimming pool is in zone A (green area). Quite a large campus, eh? Alright, maybe I will look ridiculous riding my scooter around the campus. But, YOLO.

I'm looking forward to this. *trying to get into the mood*

BUT!!!

I am truly excited for this!!! My guys are coming. 3 years of waiting for this to happen. 3 years of waiting to meet Yeol!!! This is one Saturday that I am prepared to sacrifice. I promise to be active in the hostel community activities. Just let me go to this one concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment