August 5, 2013

My Least Expectation - Sexual Harassment


I'll go straight to the point. I got sexually harassed by a pervert. Physically. Not raping.

Honestly, I've never expected this to happen. Once in Japan, someone tried to harass me sexually but ran away when I threaten to beat him up with my umbrella. Today, in my own country, I became a victim. Although I am well-determined to seek for revenge, I admit that I am traumatized. Mainly because I thought I could protect myself with my fighting skills and courage but I failed to do so. And this leads to my concern about  my own safety, my family's safety, my friends' safety, EVERYONE'S SAFETY.

Police? The court? Law? Come on, we got to admit that not much is being done, at least in Malaysia. Justice is no more justice. A rapist who married his victim was found not guilty...because he married his victim. Where in the world is there logic in this ridiculous case?! If the court could let go of this rapist, what about this sexual assaulter? We all know that if I were to report this man to the police, the most that they would do is fine him a few hundred ringgit and send him to jail for a few days. Then, when he is released, this guy will come back to me for revenge, either becoming a eunuch or raping and killing me. What happens if he succeeds in raping and killing me but failed to be caught by the police? What if he changes his target to my mum? My loved ones?

Is there any other ways to stop sexual assault doers, preventing them from committing more serious crimes? Can we actually trust the law enforcers because clearly now, most of us have begun to doubt their vow to seek justice and keep us safe. Do we have to settle things the street-law way instead, where out here, we become the jury, the judge and the executioner?

A little sexual harassment has traumatized me. What about the rape victims who survived? I cannot imagine the pain, humiliation, and anger they are going through. One of the rapes that caused a huge global uproar - the gang rape victim who died in India. I truly dare not imagine her feelings. And till now, I wonder if the rapists even realize what they did and how they felt about it. I really salute the victims who are actively in societies having war against rapists.

Rape is never the same as making love. Rape is forcing an unwilling person to have sex with you. Making love is having sex with each other mutually. Forcing someone to have sex with you is not like forcing a person to do labor for you. Because whether the victim is a virgin or not, sex affects the person not only physically, but also emotionally, spiritually, mentally and socially. It affects their pride and lives. You rape someone, you take away everything from them. You actually kill every part of them. I'd like to quote something from this article:

This harmful environment takes a toll on girls – in particular – resulting in increased absenteeism, trouble sleeping, and decreased productivity and academic performance. As Melissa articulated, it also gives the girls a clear message that has a ripple effect on their lives in general: “There is no place for me. I have no say over my body. I do not have power over my life.” 

I know, humans are weak whenever it comes to sexual stuff. But are we that weak to be so strong to hurt a person just to satisfy ourselves? Weird enough but true, there are those who enjoy harassing people; we call them sick psychos. But how and why did they become like this?

If you get sexually harassed,

  1. Scream for help. Run to someone and tell them about it.
  2. Kick the pervert in his balls or if you have a pepper spray with you, give his eyes a taste of it.
  3. Make sure you remember the pervert's physical features so that you can describe him when you make a police report.
  4. If you're in a secluded place, get out of there and head to a more crowded area. 
  5. Call your parents or guardians so that they know what has happened and they will tell you what to do next.
I should have crushed that pervert's balls and pushed him down the stairs. I don't trust the police or the court enough to punish this bastard. And yes, I am still hunting for him because I want to make him into a eunuch. At least, he will have to think twice before harassing or raping someone.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment