February 2, 2013

Alexander KL Solo Showcase



12/23/11 10:37 AM


Hey all! Sorry for the long delay on the post for Xander's Solo Showcase.

So, here it is!!!

Pictures (kinda blur though) of Xander performing. I couldn't take a picture with him during his autograph session.


Alexander KL Solo Showcase.
Time: 6pm
Venue: KL Leisure Mall

I reached at around 4.30pm so that I could grab my free Xander calender for him to sign later. Well, he's Xander, ex-member of U-Kiss and an outstanding linguistic; I expected a huge crowd to have lined up for his tickets. But well...I guess it was either I reached too early or Malaysians don't really know who Xander is.

I was on the bridge, watching over the crowd and stage when an uncle with his family came up behind me.
In Cantonese,
Uncle: What's this event about?
Daughter: I don't know. Maybe those 8TV programs.
Aunt: Haiya...some singer lo...
Uncle: Who?
Daughter: The songs being played sound Koreanish. Must be a Korean singer.
Uncle: Is he popular?
Daughter: I've never heard of him before.

Honestly, through my observation (which may be subjective), many people didn't know who Xander was. Of course, now that the showcase is over, more people might know him. To add to my horror, there were free tickets being given away to those who won games which were held outside the showcase area.  FYI, the uncle mentioned above gave a try and won tickets. Hopefully, Xander gave him a good impression. I was also surprised to know that many tickets were bought at discounted price! I thought that there were around 10 to 15 such tickets. Hmmm...was the sale of the tickets really bad?

Nevertheless, I saw more excited Xanderettes lining up as time passed by, mostly girls. As expected. Some even brought those plank cards with Xander's name written on them in Korean. A lot of them bought the VIP tickets, despite the expensive price for a short showcase. But fans will always be fans whenever it comes to supporting their favourite singers. And this is a K-pop singer. With the K-pop fever spreading around like one of those viruses, it's not surprising to know that fans are willing to kill just to meet these singers. No matter how expensive the tickets are, it's always worth watching one's beloved K-pop artiste. Hey, I got 61% discount off, don't look at me.

We were allowed to enter the VIP zone at around 5pm. Yes, we waited for an hour. While waiting, I was a bit bored (no, my cousins didn't join me) and decided to observe and eavesdrop. Overall, Xanderettes were excited for Xander's first digital single after bidding farewell to U-Kiss. From what I heard, he's been facing a difficult time, which brought Xanderettes to tears, and they're really proud of him for being able to go through everything. Some were even commenting about his new hairstyle, fashion, voice and whatever cute stuff he did.

Well, Xander was punctual, alright. His showcase started with a local singer's performance at 6pm sharp. I don't really know this local singer, he must be a new fella, but I must say that he has a really strong vocal. At least, he managed to heat up the stage and floor as Xanderettes were already cheering. Then came Xander, singing Bad Girl. Yeah, his fans nearly fainted when he did the sexy hip thrust. One thing that crossed my mind: I wanna learn that dance move.

After singing Bad Girl, Xander greeted us before being interviewed by the MC of the showcase. He was really glad and amazed that many fans were there for his showcase, even stated that he might want to have a Malaysian girlfriend. Of course, the crowd went wild. He also spoke to his fans in Malay, English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese and Korean! Oh yea, Malaysian K-pop fans can speak in Korean. And even do aegyo. Not me though. His second performance was a Taiwanese song created for a popular Taiwanese love drama series - Meteor Garden, starring F4. I don't know what's the title, but if you know Meteor Garden, you'd know how the song is like.

Next, we played games with Xander (well, not exactly WE, just lucky fans who got chosen by Xander). I'm not gonna talk about the games, but there was a huge uproar from the crowd when Xander hugged the lucky fans. Girls who are madly in love with Xander cursed. I could hear "Noooooo!!!!" from every fan around me. I understand. But cursing loudly?

Xander then showed off his shuffling moves. Please don't ask me how it was. I was blocked by this inconsiderate girl who held her plank card high up in the air, waving it wildly. Geez... Next song: I Just, followed by Oh Baby. Oh Baby was the highlight for me. It's a catchy and addictive song, good for choreography. I bet it was a highlight for the rest. Here's part of the lyrics: 'Please tell me that you've got no boyfriend.' And everyone screamed, '"No!!!", "Be my boy!!!" or "Xander, me!!!" Ah yes, fanatic fans. Oh, here's another situation. Xander was drinking from a plastic water bottle when a few fans were eyeing it since it WAS drunk by Xander. Well, he actually threw his bottle at the crowd and I swear, they rushed for it. Same goes when he threw T-shirts and posters at us. It was like a rugby game. People pushed each other and piled up onto each other just to get those things. It reminded me of the time when Jong Woon threw a soft toy at the crowd around my area. One of the girls slammed my right shoulder onto the railings just to get it. Anyway, she failed to get it. But thanks, Jong Woon. I'll slap you for it.

Back to the topic, autograph session. Oh, there were rules:
  1. No shaking hands with Xander.
  2. No photography.
  3. Xander can only sign either the calender or the CD
No handshakes??! Wha?!?! Hello, there are fans who paid RM200 something just to meet Xander in person and not even a handshake? Thank God that Xander himself is a sensible and friendly star. He shook our hands and even had short chats with fans. Shall I talk about my session with him? Naaa...I'll keep it a secret. But one thing is for sure, Xander is really good and maintains a good relationship with his fans. Bad thing about my session is that the staff by his side snatched my Christmas card away from me. I was passing the card to Xander when she took it away just like that. Oh, with a sulky face. Ladeyh, I know that you have the responsibility to keep fans' gifts for the moment, but manners please. I would appreciate that very much.

Ok, pictures...


The stage



Signing a Xander shirt.



Autograph session


Xander's Christmas card. I hope the staff didn't throw it.
Anyway, congrats to Xander for succeeding in coming out with your first digital single after what you've been through. Although I really hope that you'll join U-Kiss again, I also pray that you'll do equally as well solo. You gotta make more catchy songs, Xander! It's a tough competition now in K-pop. And keep being yourself, that sweet, understanding star who always believes in yourself, family, friends, fans and most importantly God. He's always there for you. Good luck, Xander. I hope to hear good news about you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment