February 11, 2013

Dying Love For Kpop


I don’t think I've told you why I began to lost interest in Kpop. Well, maybe still a fan but not too fanatic like how I used to be. I am still an Inspirit, Elf, Beauty and KissMe. 

Truth to be told, I was let down by the Kpop idols during their performances in KBS Gayo Daejun 2012. Thank God that the event had sound system malfunction; hence we could see who the real idols are. Idols are said to have the ability to live up to their status. But most of them failed to show that ability. I’m not going to mention their names for the sake of their fans. I’m sorry to say but some of them don’t even have good vocals, just that normal singing which everyone else can do the same. Or they weren't even putting in effort to sing well, which is even worse because clearly, idols are supposed to work hard to meet expectations.

Since I am an Elf, I’ll share my disappointment with you. Super Junior, which won tons of awards, was the most miserable group to perform. Seriously, I didn’t see any effort from the members. Their performance was so lifeless, only to be saved by Kyuhyun and Kangin. Even Yesung or Ryeowook didn’t make full use of their vocal talent. Donghae only relied on the faulty sound system, wasn’t much of a help either. Either they are giving up or SM Entertainment loves screwing up with too much techno music. I’d rather have SHINee win those awards instead.

Kudos to the real idols – SHINee, K.Will, Ailee, Hyorin, Nell, 2AM, TVXQ and CNBlue. Now, these are people who showed good professionalism by putting in so much effort to prove that they have got impressive vocals and live performing ability. The rest of the ‘idols’ only relied on the sound system. Lip sync, we call it. Only this time, it was faulty lip sync.

There was a huge debate going on among the Kpop netizens. One side argued about the disappointing performances while the other side defended their favourite groups by giving excuses such as the idols were on tight schedules and had not enough rest or the companies weren't paying much attention on them, so they were bored. Wow!! Simply wow! If that is the case, why are they even called idols? Yeah yeah yeah, they are after all humans who have limited ability to do their best. Yet, the problem is, they weren't even trying! 

Take a good example of SHINee and TVXQ. SHINee’s Sherlock is one of the songs with the toughest choreography and requires the strongest vocals. So how did SHINee manage to bring the stage down with an explosive Sherlock performance? TVXQ is still shadowed by their breakup with JYJ. Nevertheless, they focused well on their career and performance. Not even a single excuse used to take a break and slack.

If my idols are not even trying for the sake of their fans, why should I even try to go crazy about them? Before you start labeling me a traitor, as a fan, I prefer telling the truth and criticizing my idols’ mistakes instead of defending them by giving them more excuses to slack even more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nurul,

    If only your cousin feels like you on the Dying Love of Kpop - then I'll have peace of mind!!

    ReplyDelete