February 2, 2013

Go Xander, go Xanderettes!!!



12/23/11 8:32 PM

Now that I am fully awake and energetic, I'll write down my points of view about Alexander's KL Solo Showcase.

When I first heard that his showcase would be held outside Leisure Mall, the first thought that struck my mind: Of all places, why here?    Yes, Leisure Mall is not a big fancy shopping mall like Mid Valley or Pavilion. It's just a small one with narrow but busy streets. It's more like a neighbourhood's mall. I guess I was expecting much from Xander, considering that he's very popular. I mean, he should be, he was in U-Kiss, one of the greatest K-pop group. But perhaps, this time it's different because Xander is going solo. Going solo after coming out from a group is quite difficult because one is on his own. Besides having to put up with the misery of not doing enjoyable, random stuff with group mates anymore, he has to deal with new policies of the new entertainment company. Then, here comes budget stuff, promotion, recordings, lots of practices and production of MVs...everything, he's going through solo (not exactly, but you know what I mean). He has to face a lot of pressure.

I guess, Xander had to restart his journey by going small in the beginning. Which reminds me of B2ST's first showcase in Korea. Boy, it was smaller than Xander's. But look at where they are now, travelling everywhere for concerts and winning awards. I know that there are disappointed fans because they expected a huge showcase along with a huge crowd, but hey 1000 over fans who crammed into a small showcase, doesn't that show how good it was? Of course, there were those who didn't know Xander exists, but at least, they gave a shot and now know who he is. It's ok if he starts in this way, he'll do well gradually. Almost all K-pop stars went through it. SuJu, became popular when they first performed as guest stars in TVXQ's concert. That was something small. As long as they manage to leave a great impact on us.
Besides, Xander has his huge bunch of supportive Xanderettes. I could see it with my own eyes. Your screams, cheers and even curse (a bit harsh though). Without you all (no, I'm not a Xanderette, yet), Xander would be so down and demoralised during the production and his showcases. He wouldn't have come to Malaysia if there wasn't much support. Cheer up, Xanderettes! Xander will do great! :)
And Xander being Xander, the artiste who is always optimistic in life, nothing can bring him down.

Let's hope that his first digital single will be an awesome kick start to his new journey!!!

Go Xander, go Xanderettes!!!


Anyway, stumbled upon Xanderettes.net. FYI, they're selling 2012 calenders, so Xanderettes and those who love Xander, get yourself a Christmas gift with this!!! Support Xander and Xanderettes yeah!!!

Xander, when performing during the 3rd Wave's Music Rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment