February 2, 2013

K-pop Thoughts: No award for U-Kiss Neverland?



12/17/11 5:43 PM


I'm actually surprised that U-Kiss Neverland album did not win many (or any) award. I've already listened to all their songs in the album, which in my opinion, are really good, especially vocals and lyrics. Kudos to all of them, they've improved a lot. Compared to other groups, I strongly think that U-Kiss has the best album.

Well, I'll be honest. Although I'm an Elf, I feel that SuJu's Mr Simple album is not as good as Neverland.  Ok, throw all the rotten eggs at me, I don't care. I only listened to Mr Simple album once and didn't even turn back to listen for the second time. Not-so-interesting songs, unless I watch them perform. But Neverland album, I think this is my twentieth time listening to the whole album.

Perhaps, SuJu succeeded in making an awesome comeback by choosing a really good, powerful, catchy and ADDICTIVE song (Mr Simple) that leads them to get a few awards and stay on the top in the chart for weeks. Unlike SuJu, U-Kiss chose Neverland as their comeback; catchy but not as powerful as Mr Simple and many other songs.

Anyway, I'm not saying that U-Kiss should get the awards that SuJu has gotten. No. SuJu deserves those awards. They've worked really hard and deserve a pat on their backs. I'm just curious about the failure to get awards behind Neverland album despite all those good songs. Why not even a single award for them? After all they've been through early this year, they still managed to pull off a smooth comeback. They definitely deserve something. Has the concept of music changed? Are people appreciating/favouring catchy disco-like tunes more than the music that soothes our minds?

Well, to me, U-Kiss is actually one of the groups with strong vocals and has the ability to maintain the quality of their songs and performance overall. That's why I keep wondering the reason they weren't awarded at all.

Just curious.

About the statement which I underlined, eventhough U-Kiss did not win any awards, they won our hearts. They have their fans' support. The've got the respect they deserve. I hope it means a lot to U-Kiss, even more than those awards.
P/S: I am an Elf, Inspirit, Kiss Me, Shawol and Beauty. The problem is, I say whatever that's in my mind honestly. Compliments and critics, whether you like it or not. My opinions may not be the same as yours, my fellow comrades. Before shooting me, I would appreciate if you stop for a moment and ponder over my words. Feel free to debate with me. I'm not always right, after all. :) And I love K-pop no matter what.

PP/S: Wait, is there such thing as 'PP/S'? =O  Can I remind all of you that I'll be going for Alexander's Showcase later? Teehee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment